Have you all been reading the reviews we're getting from blogging moms who are trying and LOVING our products? If not, here is a quick link to the list of them (it's not updated but we're working on it!). Pretty impressive, huh? We think so too, though we're not the sort to toot our own horns. See how we're modestly hanging our heads and shuffling our feet?
The reviews of the AppleCheeks™ system are consistently fantastic, without exception. We get top ratings for quality, performance, and customer service. But we keep falling short on the price point, and that's what I want to address in this post.
Let's look at the features that go into making every AppleCheeks™ diaper a high-end performer. Because really, when it comes to cloth diapers, you get what you pay for!
• Modular : The envelope cover can be used as all-in-one, or as a cover + insert
• A two-size cover and a one size insert. Thanks to the adjustable 2 row snaps, the two-sized covers fit baby from birth to toilet training, whatever her shape or size.
• Economical : The AppleCheeks™ system is designed to be attractive as a whole kit.
• 8 gorgeous colours and frequent limited editions that would suit even the most fashion conscious parents.
Now, when we created our system, we really thought it all through. Though we understand that there's a large portion of the population who prefers their cloth diaper stash to be an assemblage of a variety of brands (we totally get that desire, don't get us wrong! Fluffy mail is SO MUCH FUN!) there is also a large group who wants one, easy-to-use, well-supported system. AppleCheeks™ offers some great, pre-assembled packages that take the guesswork out of diaper shopping, and you know that when you invest in us, we invest in you (for proof, check out our Facebook Fan Page or trying emailing us with your question). This is the case whether you own one cover or a whole assembly! We don't care. All we care is that you're satisfied with our product!
If you place our system up against a system that is 1) manufactured outside of North America, 2) uses a synthetic insert system, 3) uses hook and loop closures instead of snaps or has only one row of snaps, 4) kind of, sort of fits, but not really, and 5) can only be used as a pocket diaper and not as a cover/insert system or vice versa, then yeah, we're going to come out LOOKING expensive. But at what cost? Ultimately, if a system doesn't really work or if it's going to cause problems and send you running back to the grocery store for your diapers, then sure, you've saved in the short term, but in the long term you're back to square one!
As the market's most versatile diaper (see our tutorial video which demonstrates how you can use your AppleCheeks™ as a pocket OR as a more economical cover/insert), AppleCheeks™ ultimately does not cost more than the leading competitors. It's all about the hard numbers!
Have YOU done the math? As the mother of a newborn (again) I find it hard not to think about how much money I'm saving by choosing to use cloth. Just pretend I actually bought my stash for this exercise. A full-time two-size AppleCheeks™ kit costs $836, which will give you 36 changes and be good for up to 35+lbs:
1. Ione goes through about 12 diapers in a 24 hour period, sometimes more.
2. I have about 24 changes in my stash at this point, which is not enough. I need another days' worth. So say I have 36 and I'm washing every three days. I expect that her usage will decline somewhat as she grows and stops pooping so much, so after three months let's drop the number to 8 diapers per day.
3. Throwaway diapers cost about $0.15 each around these parts for the cheap ones. So the first 3 months of usage would cost about $162 and the next 2 years and three months about $1000 for a total of $1162. If you use premium diapers or the so-called "environmentally-friendly" diapers, you can easily double that figure, so let's say $2200, because a lot of people prefer higher end brands for whatever reason. And those throwaways can only be used once. My AppleCheeks™ are on their second child now, so double my savings. Had I had them when my first was born, you could have tripled my savings, but we weren't around then.
So based on the equations above, I've already saved a couple of hundred to a thousand dollars on child one, and any subsequent children (there won't be any around here but there might be in your household!) will not cost anything.
Now, compare us to the leading retailers of one-size pocket diapers, which average about $24 for the whole shebang, cover and insert. For around the same price as our system you get 36 of their diapers, BUT you compromise on fit and performance as they are not nearly as customizable.
Remember, AppleCheeks™ is a two-sized cover because fit is NOT something we're willing to compromise on. But our inserts are one-sized and we've got some great additional options to make sure our system REALLY works for your baby!
The fact is, after over two years on the market and feedback from hundreds of satisfied parents, we KNOW that AppleCheeks™ meet the high standards parents have come to expect from their cloth diapers. Performance-wise we're right up there, and in terms of customer support we get top marks. We're moms too, so we treat you like we'd expect to be treated. And you shouldn't expect less!
Check out our retailer listings to find a source of AppleCheeks™ products near to you. More retailers are being added on a weekly basis, so check back regularly if you don't find someone in your neighbourhood!